Hildo Ariel Aguirre Daza is Founder and Director of Academia Llano y Joropo, in Bogotá, Colombia, where many young harpists have been trained. Here are some links to performance material at the beginner-intermediate level (nivel principiante).
Field Recordings from Academia Llano y Joropo, July-August 2014:
- Juliana Gomez Toro - Las Tres Damas
- Pablo Enrique Camacho - El Reloj and La Pollera Colorá (The Clock and The Red Skirt)
- Herencias - Joropo practice session (harpist Sergio Nicolas Aguirre, 15; Maracas: Tatiana, 14; cuatro: Jorge Mario, 13)
- Martin Cortés, 8 years old - Seis por Derecho
Field Recordings from Venezuela
Omar Moreno Gil -
Venezuelan Jose Santos Barrios has offered on-line instructional aids ...
- basic finger positions - in Spanish, but the diagrams make it very clear
- Simplified Seis por Derecho - very widely known, allows a great deal of variation
- Kirpa instructional; and as performed by Jose Santos Barrios
- Ondas del Rio Atamaica - go to the last 45 seconds for excellent illustration of positions
- Rene Devia - instructional - uses metal ring to get accidentals
- Philip Moreno - instructional
- Alex Martinez - instructional
Popular pasaje tunes ...
Carmentea - Reynaldo Armas
Some important traditional forms:
- Kirpa (or quirpa) : Hildo Ariel on stage; Jose Santos Barrios; a simple version by a child, Diego Sanchez;
- Seis por Derecho: Instructional, Jose Santos Barrios; by Sergio Nicolas Aguirre, age about 13, son of Hildo Ariel Aguirre Daza. By Edward Bogado, young Venezuelan, very inventive variations. By Jose Archila prominent Venezuelan performer, video not great but interesting variations;
Exercises for harpists:
"Pasaje" exercise by Jose Gregorio Lopez, my teacher in Barinas, Venezuela, 2009